Project: TELEFLEX D2-D3 Expansion
Client: TELEFLEX, Annacotty Business Park, Annacotty, Co Limerick, Ireland
Scope: UCRETE MF Smooth PU floor system – Approx (2,000m2).
Applicator: Beton Construction Services Ltd.
TELEFLEX Medical became operational in Limerick in 1983 and needed to expand its facility in 2012. Teleflex is a global provider of medical devices used in critical care and surgery. Understanding that the floor finish properties e.g. cleanability, hygiene etc were critical, they choose Beton Construction Services Ltd a licensed UCRETE applicator to apply a UCRETE specified floor finish.
- Applying floor finishes in a very fast flowing fluid project.
- Fast application and curing time
- A seamless smooth surface was required
- Surface needed to be compatible with the requirements of manufacturing medical devices
Solution: UCRETE MF Smooth PU which provides:
- Very high level of clean ability
- Aesthetic appearance
- Good wear resistance
- Slip resistance in accordance with the UK Slip Resistance Group
- Chemical resistance
System Build Up:
- UCRETE® MF Smooth polyurethane installed at 4mm thickness.
- Mechanically prepared substrate using captive shot-blasting.
- Primer/Scratch Coat Ucrete FS.
- UCRETE MF top coat.
- UCRETE RG coves where necessary.