Project: Aughinish Alumina Marine Terminal Concrete Repair
Client: Rusal, Aughinish Aluminia refinery
Scope: Concrete Repair and corrosion control of precast concrete beams under jetty
Applicator: Beton Construction Services Ltd.
Year: 2010 – on going
Aughinish Aluminia refinery was built in the 1970’s on the Shannon Estuary. The facility included a deep water jetty which stretched out into the estuary to facilitate the import of ship loads of bauxite from Guinea and Brazil and the export of aluminia to be refined into aluminium metal. The jetty beams exposed to the harsh environs need repairing including concrete repairs and steel corrosion protection. Because of the highly technical nature of the requirements, they choose Beton Construction Services Ltd to carry out the application of these repairs.
• Applying concrete repair materials in a very harsh environment with tidal variations and ship docking scheduling.
• Health and safety to be at the highest level.
• Repair concrete had to be spray applied
• A high level of concrete repair knowledge was required
• Nafufill KM 250 spray applied concrete repair mortar
• High technical spray equipment employed by Beton
• Good quality control
• Protective finish
System Build Up:
• Concrete breaking out – Hydro Demolition
• Prime Zentrifix KMH
• Concrete repair mortar – Nafufill KM 250
• Protective finish – Zentrifix CR