Project: Apex Hotel, Fleet Street, London
Client: Tolent Construction
Scope of project: Approx (776m2)
Applicator: Beton Construction Services Ltd.
Architect: Ian Springford Architects, Glasgow.
The flat roof at the new Apex hotel off Fleet Street in London needed a tapered warm deck roof coating system for an extension to the existing building. The architects were familiar with the CONIROOF system and knew that it would be able to accommodate the range of unusual shapes and penetrations that would be incorporated into the new roof. Additionally the waterproofing membrane had to provide a safe and durable surface to insure the integrity of the insulation. The CONIROOF warm roof system was selected for the project for this reason. Beton’s experience in installing CONIROOF warm roof systems made us the ideal contractor for the job.
- Other trades dependant on completion of roof membrane to begin work
- Unusual shapes and penetrations were to be integrated into the waterproof seal effectively and reliably without additional work or prefabricated parts.
- Vertical applications to channel walls and up-stands
- Seamless surface required to insure integrity of joints between insulation boards
Solution: CONIROOF 2102 warm roof system with tapered insulation.
System build up:
Roof: 19mm thick marine plywood
Preparation coat: MASTERTOP P 660 epoxy resin preparation coat, filled with dried quartz
Insulation: Powerdeck B tapered PIR board bonded to deck with Instastick foam adhesive
Primer: MASTERTOP P 691 primer
Sprayer elastomer: CONIPUR M 803 FL applied @2mm thick
Top (UV) coat: TC 463 HE
Advantages at a glance:
- Fast – track curing (30 seconds)
- Other trades can commence as soon as membrane is sprayed
- Speed of application (up to 1000m2 per day)
- Awkward shapes, roof openings and vertical application can be integrated without any joints
- Monolithic, no welds laps or seams
- Crack bridging
- Highly Durable
- UV and weather resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain